A few facts about Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley is considered the best-selling individual artist of all time, with over 500 million records sold.
- Elvis Presley’s middle name is Aaron.
- Presley was born in Tupelo, Mississippi, as a twinless twin, and when he was 13 years old, he and his family relocated to Memphis, Tennessee.
- The King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley, is considered to be the best-selling artist with 206.8 million certified sales.
- Michael Jackson was married to the daughter of Elvis Presley, Lisa Marie Presley.
- Elvis Presley returned to civilian life in the U.S. after two years away in the U.S. Army. He resumed his musical career by recording "It's Now or Never" and "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" in March 1960.
- The web is a source of some very interesting and amusing quotations. One story is that early in his career, Elvis Presley was told: "Stick with driving a truck, because you'll never make it as a singer". Snopes.com has verified this quotation as reliable. Elvis was driving a truck while trying to get his singing career started. A man called Eddie Bond has been attributed to this statement: he auditioned Elvis for his band but didn't like what he heard and rejected him.
- Elvis Presley had a soft spot for Cadillac (so much so that he had 26 of them).
- Elvis Presley had a karate black-belt. Elvis was awarded 7th Degree Black Belt in 1973 by Master Rhee.
- "Moody Blue" was the Presley's last No. 1 hit in his lifetime, topping the Billboard magazine Hot Country Singles chart in February 1977.
- Elvis Presley was buried in the cemetery, and then reburied in “Graceland”.
Find Elvis Presley in celebrity quizzes - go to the photo